Sunday 24 June 2018

Book Review: The Sister Swap by Fiona Collins




Synopsis:

Two Sisters. Two very different lives...


Meg simply doesn't have time for men in her life. Instead, she has a strictly one-date rule, survives on caffeine and runs one of the biggest model agencies from her smart office in London. That is, until she collapses one day at work and the doctor orders her to take some R&R in the country...

Sarah is used to being stuck behind tractors and the slow pace of her cosy village life. But now her children are all grown-up (and her ex-husband long forgotten) she's ready to change things up a bit - starting with taking back her old job in the city!

After a devastating falling out, the sisters haven't spoken in years. Swapping houses, cars, everything is the only option - surely they'll be able to avoid bumping into each other?



My Review!
First off a big thanks to Harper Collins and Netgalley for an early preview of this wonderful book.

I recently lost my reading mojo (don't you just hate it when that happens!) but thankfully this story pulled me back and gripped me from the beginning.

This is such a lovely easy read about two estranged sisters who haven't seen or spoken to one another for 20 years suddenly brought back together due to changes in both their lives. Meg and Sarah, 10 years apart in age were once close but due to devastating events led them to lead very separate and different lives to each other.

After leaving her childhood home for a new life in London, successful businesswoman Meg is forced to take time out for her health and decides the only place she could go to get away from the hustle and bustle of London is back to the countryside where she grew up. In the mean time Meg's older sister Sarah, single mum to teenage twins has got her big break and her old job back in the big city. 

After 20 years of little to no contact the sisters reach out to one another for a favour, a place to stay for 8 weeks. They decide the best solution to avoid having to meet is to swap lives, homes, cars the lot. 

The swap takes place but with the sisters now living in the shoes of one another their feelings towards each other start to change and maybe a reconciliation could be on the cards.

The story is not without some drama for both sisters, they both face a few challengers throughout their time during the swap not to mention romance is in the air for both! The ending was perfect, couldn't have thought of a better way to finish it.


This book made me laugh, smile, it made me wish I had an older or younger sister, a local village library phone box to visit and it also made me want vol-au-vents for tea! ha!

Fiona Collins is fast becoming one of my favourite authors, you just know your in for a treat when you begin reading one of her books.



Buy the book!



2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book I would really enjoy! And I just saw that you are currently reading How To Get A (Love) Life by Rosie Blake. Really want to know what you think b/c I feel like not that many people know Rosie Blake and her books and I'm dying to discuss them with someone.

    Yeah sorry... My comment went a bit off track here. But I'm just soooo excited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nuria!
      So sorry for my late reply to you, I didn't get a notification that you posted! I am posting my review of Rosie Blake's 'How to get a (Love) Life' this week. I really enjoyed it! The main character took me a while to warm to but the book was good. I really like her other book 'How to stuff up Christmas' I have followed you on Instagram, feel free to DM me! :)

      Delete