Monday 23 April 2018

Book Review: Love to Hate You by Jo Watson





Synopsis: 

Sera is usually a good girl. (Except for one wild night in the backseat of a stranger's car!) But what happens when that bad boy turns out to be her new boss? And what happens when he wants more than one night... and he can be very persuasive... 


My Review!
This is my first book by Jo Watson and as soon as I read the synopsis I just knew I would love it and bought it straight away. After reading the first few chapters I started thinking 'why haven't I discovered Jo Watson before?!!' Her writing style is right up my street so I have already downloaded a few of her other books and cannot wait to read them!

So Sera... Although normally a serious and sensible girl, decides one night to go wild and meets a very attractive man in a nightclub and after some flirting ends up on the backseat of his car! Wowza, what a start to a book! 

But as we know this isn't just anyone's backseat and as we get into the book you find out that the hottie is her new boss!! Whoops!

I really love these types of books, easy to read, laugh out loud, full of romance and a right hunk as the male lead... Perfect! You could easily see this book turned into a film, although I am struggling to choose an actor who would play him.. It's not a decision to be taken lightly!!

Sera is very loyal and caring especially to her little sister who she works 2 jobs for just to make sure she gets through school. Sera's family life isn't picture perfect and she's lucky enough to be supported financially and emotionally by JJ and Bruce her 2 gay surrogate dads. (absolutely loved both of them, really made me laugh reading the scenes between them and Sera!)

After learning that Ben (the hottie from the car backseat) is her new boss, Sera is mortified and hoping he doesn't recognise her (which of course he does as this is a rom com people and it wouldn't be right if he didn't fancy her and declare that she is his soul mate!) As mentioned before Sera's family life isn't great and she worries that Ben finding out might cause him to run in the other direction but as I got to know Ben you soon realise he is in it for the long run and nothing about Sera could ever put him off her (awwww) I laughed and loved the scenes between Ben and Sera, lots of flirting and poor Ben trying everything just to get one date with her... Will he succeed and will she let her barriers down?! On a few occasions throughout the book I thought 'just go out with him you idiot!!!!'

I could and most probably will re read this book again and again, this book is the perfect holiday read!! Look out for a couple of twists throughout the book, they just make the story even more brilliant. 



Buy the book!





No comments:

Post a Comment