Wednesday 29 May 2019

Book Review: I Heart Hawaii by Lindsey Kelk




Synopsis:
When Angela Clark’s best friend Jenny invites her to join a press trip to Hawaii, three days of sun, sea and sleep sounds like the perfect antidote to her crazed life.

At work in New York, she’s supposed to be the face of Having It All. But the only thing Angela feels she excels at is hiding in the printer cupboard, eating Mini Cheddars and watching Netflix on her phone and if this is living the dream, she's more than ready to wake up.

A few days away with Jenny sounds like exactly what she needs but Angela’s talent for getting into a scrape guarantees nothing goes to plan – and not even the most beautiful beaches, blue skies and daiquiris will get her off the hook…


My Review:
Wow wow wow! I am an emotional wreck. Months of preparing myself for the end but I still wasn't ready to say goodbye to Angela, Alex, Jenny and the gang.

Firstly a huge thank you to Lindsey Kelk, Harper Collins and Rachel May Quin for sending me a box full of goodies including my very own special ARC copy of I Heart Hawaii. I feel so honoured to be a part of Angela's last adventure.

This book was everything I wanted it to be and much more, with a clever prologue leaving me on the edge of my seat, past characters galore and even including a special guest cross over with another fab author... I won't tell but shut the front door what a fantastic surprise! From tropical Hawaii to the epic Big Apple this story will leave you with all the feels and a big fat smile on your face.

Now Angela Clark is still the Angela we know and love but this Angela is all grown up (well mostly!) and now a Mum!  Juggling motherhood, friendships, marriage, and now returning from maternity leave to a new job, where does Hawaii fit into this I hear you ask... So, long story short Jenny invites Angela to a press trip to Hawaii.  Sun, sea, cocktails and maybe a full nights sleep who could turn that down?  Of course Angela has mum guilt leaving behind Alice but Alex being amazing as normal supports Angela's trip.  But in true I Heart fashion things never plan out the way they should.
I haven't wanted to give anything away with regards to the story throughout my review as I would hate to spoil anything and shall let you find out for yourself.

I Heart Hawaii is an emotional roller coaster, full of laugh out loud moments but also pressing on everyday serious subjects which Lindsey always manages to write so well.  As for the ending, I couldn't predict where it was leading but my gosh the ending was simply perfect and tied up a wonderful series.

I am so pleased all those years ago that I randomly picked up 'I Heart New York' but to all those who have yet to start the series, first off, where have you been?! Secondly, do know I am full of jealousy that your about to step foot into the most amazing series of adventures that will have you laughing, crying and swooning over a few hunks along the way.  

Thank you Lindsey for creating an epic series with a fabulous group of friends that no matter how long between books it was always so easy to slip back in and catch up with the gang.  Also we thank you for bringing Alex into our lives...! Everyone needs an Alex!

Not sure what to do with my life now.. Might have to start back at the beginning!!




No comments:

Post a Comment