Friday 3 August 2018

Book Review: The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart By Anna Bell





Synopsis:
Abi's barely left her bed since Joseph, the love of her life, dumped her, saying they were incompatible. When Joseph leaves a box of her possessions on her doorstep, she finds a bucket list of ten things she never knew he wanted to do. Will completing the action-packed list - no easy challenge for the naturally timid Abi - be the way to win back her man? Or might Abi just have a surprise in store...?


My Review!

I have read quite a few books by Anna Bell so when a family member gave me this book I was thrilled! For starters it was an actual paperback book (whoop!) I’ve read quite a few books lately on Kindle and sometimes it’s just so nice to have a paperback in your hands. I know they say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but look at it… it’s sooo pretty! 


The story is all about Abi and how she tries to turn a bucket list into a ploy to win back the love of her life. Will it work? 

Abi is happy and in love with Joseph but after a disastrous dinner he suddenly announces she isn’t for him, they are no longer suited, and their relationship over. Along with her broken heart he returns a box of her things, and after Abi and her friend Sian go through the box, coming across a few racy pieces of underwear in the meantime (whoops! Not what you want your friend seeing!!) Abi uncovers a book that doesn’t belong to her, inside the book a bucket list with ten things to do. Assuming this must be Joseph’s list, a list he wanted to complete, a list of activities he had never mentioned to her, giving Abi the idea that if she completed everything on the list he would notice her and regret his decision. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! 

With her love life in tatters along with someone at her job out to get her, sabotaging her work, Abi sets out to complete the list with some help from her friends old and new. 

I really liked the characters in the book, if you needed an example of a scaredy cat then Abi would be your prime suspect, I did like Abi, I felt sorry for her at times, I was proud of her and I also wanted to slap her! (You’ll understand when you read! Ha!) 

I loved Sian, Abi’s best friend she was fun, caring and honest, I liked that within the story Sian got her own little starring role as her own love life kicked off. We got to know Abi’s work friends and the new friends she makes along the way while carrying out the bucket list, my favourite being Ben… How can you not like a man who always has on hand a flask of tea and cakes! We hated Joseph of course… He broke Abi’s heart so of course we hate him! 

I will let you find out if Abi completes all ten on the bucket list and whether it has the desired effect on Joseph!

This book is an enjoyable light hearted fun read with plenty of laugh out loud moments, it also shows you how a love life disaster can make or break you, turning your life upside down and doing things you wouldn’t normally do… When life gives you lemons… Make lemonade :)

Has it made me want to do my own bucket list, mmm maybe..! Watch this space!




No comments:

Post a Comment